2018 Summer Trip
Our group of 6 adults and 16 teenagers spent a week in Ganthier conducting teacher training and installing a playground for the students at College Mixte Marius Carnold. The team also painted classrooms and led 2 full days of activities with the school children and the children from 2 local orphanages.
For more pictures visit our Facebook page
2017 Summer Trip
Our group spent a busy 9 days involved in a variety of community activities including working on the perimeter wall of the site for the brand new La Reference of Ganthier, hosting 30 boys for a full day of fun and games, preparing a surprise anniversary party for teachers at College Mixte Marius Carnold and hosting a teacher training seminar.
2016 Summer Trip
2016 marked the fifth annual KONEKTE group trip to Haiti. A group of 25 enthusiastic, hard working and warm hearted adults and high school students spent 9 days in the community of Ganthier strengthening our ties with the community. We worked on the construction of new classrooms at College Mixte Marius Carnold, painted a beautiful mural on the school perimeter wall, spent a day with 30 boys from a local orphanage on a field trip to the National Museum followed by lunch and games in the park, organized and participated in the fifth annual KONEKTE soccer tournament, spent time with English language students at Men Nan Men vocational school and had fun getting to know local children through art projects, music and games.
Watch our YouTube video below.
Over the past 5 years our teams have:
- delivered water to remote villages
- conducted medical clinics to educate communities on health issues such as basic first aid, CPR, dental hygiene and the importance of clean water
- provided food and water to a local deportation camp near the Dominican Republic border
- worked side by side with community members on the construction of three different schools
- taught art classes and donated art supplies to both students and adults
- prepared and taught a 3-day teacher training class
- provided business training and support
- donated soccer jerseys and cleats to local teams
- organized the annual KONEKTE soccer tournament between 4 local teams, an event which has become a highlight of the trip and for the community, attracting many players and fans
- visited local orphanages, engaging the children in activities, songs and games, and a museum field trip
- organized games with local children for the joy of interacting with each other while instilling values of cooperation, adherence to rules, and good sportsmanship
- installed three solar suitcases in orphanages and a school